They say the ultimate confidence is knowing what you don’t know and asking for help. This FAQs should give you that decision making confidence needed to take the big entry leap. If it is not in the FAQs email us
Cornavirus and carry-over to 2021 FAQs
joberg2c and all our communities and suppliers have agreed to miss this year completely in terms of revenue and payment. The R4500 is to keep the event alive from a cost incurred perspective. We realise that this may hurt some riders but compared to other options it was the best we could do.
The only other options were to offer riders a small refund or to cancel joberg2c completely.
We feel this is the best option. It is effectively a postponement to next year. Many riders cannot book flights, take leave and plan for another event this year due to COVID-19 global issues, so new dates this year were not an option.
A 9 day event is not like a 1 day event or a 3 day event in terms of finding new dates. Schools, communities and farmers are affected.
We are trying not to think about this but if this is the case we will still try to do the right thing for our riders. Naturally, no one can carry on like that in business so let’s not even go there right now and hope we can ride this virus out.
We will deal with this scenario on a case by case basis.
The entry is fully transferable. joberg2c will waiver any admin fees for 2020 riders who find substitutes.
- Massages and Physio bookings will be carried over at no extra cost
- We are investigating to see will all shuttle suppliers will honour 2020 prices but cannot confirm this right now. We will update asap.
- Mechanics packages are based on a private relationship with these providers and everyone will have to speak to them personally. We asked them to support the rider.
- After-party dinner will be carried over at no cost.
- Other accommodation will also be between rider and these venues. However, we want them to support the rider and if they are not then we need to know about it.
General entry FAQ's
- Log in using your ID/passport number
- You will see a summary screen of your team details
- Click the “Substitute” button
- Click on the “Add” button
- Select the person from the “Current Team Members” box whom you wish to substitute and ensure they are added to the “Members to be Substituted” box
- Click the “Confirm” button
- Enter the ID and details of the new team member
- A summary screen confirming that the substitution has taken place will appear – this means your substitution will be saved
- You are welcome to do your substitutions for free, online
- We cannot guarantee clothing size will be correct for riders substituted after our closing date of 31 January 2019
- We’ll confirm your substitution via email
- Substitutions will be charged at R300
- Substitutions will remain open until the event starts.
Clothing orders are placed well in advance. Substitute riders must accept that they may receive the clothing size ordered by the original rider.