They say the ultimate confidence is knowing what you don’t know and asking for help. This FAQs should give you that decision making confidence needed to take the big entry leap. If it is not in the FAQs email us
Cornavirus and carry-over to 2022 FAQs
joberg2c and all our communities and suppliers have agreed to miss this year completely in terms of revenue and payment.
The 2021/2022 new rider entry fee will be the same as what 2020 riders will pay in total.
The only other options were to offer riders a small refund or to cancel joberg2c completely.
We feel the carry-over option is the best option. It is effectively a postponement to next year. Many riders cannot book flights, take leave and plan for another event this year due to COVID-19 global issues, so new dates this year were not an option.
A 9 day event is not like a 1 day event or a 3 day event in terms of finding new dates. Schools, communities and farmers are affected.
Our main aim is to comeback better than ever and for you to ride joberg2c. If we cannot hold 2021 due to COVID-19 we will carry all entries over. joberg2c will make a final call on 31 January 2021. Please see our refund policy.
The entry is fully transferable. joberg2c will waiver any admin fees for 2020/2021 riders who find substitutes.
- Massages and Physio bookings will be carried over at no extra cost
- Shuttles will be carried over at no extra cost
- Mechanics packages are based on a private relationship with these providers and everyone will have to speak to them personally. We asked them to support our riders. Please let us know if you have any problems in this regard
- After-party dinner will be carried over at no cost
- Other accommodation will also be between rider and these venues. However, we want them to support the rider and if they are not then we need to know about it.
We are aware that many of our international riders will not be able to travel by April without difficulty.
We are offering all international riders a carry-over to 2022. Please liaise with the race office.
General entry FAQ's
To make a rider substitution follow the steps below:
- Log in using your ID/passport number
- You will see a summary screen of your team details
- Click the “Substitute” button
- Click on the “Add” button
- Select the person from the “Current Team Members” box whom you wish to substitute and ensure they are added to the “Members to be Substituted” box
- Click the “Confirm” button
- Enter the ID and details of the new team member
- A summary screen confirming that the substitution has taken place will appear – this means your substitution will be saved
- You are welcome to do your substitutions for free, online
- We cannot guarantee clothing size will be correct for riders substituted after our closing date of 31 January 2019
- We’ll confirm your substitution via email
- Substitutions will be charged at R300
- Substitutions will remain open until the event starts.
Clothing orders are placed well in advance. Substitute riders must accept that they may receive the clothing size ordered by the original rider.