Last update: 25 May 2018
joberg2c understands the importance of protecting your personal information. You are welcome to tell the world about us but we promise never to tell the world about you!
If you need any further details, have a query or complaint about our use of your personal information, please contact us.
Where we provide a link to a third party website, joberg2c accepts no liability for the privacy practices or content of that website.
Where your personal information is collected by us (e.g. by completing the contact us form or subscribing to receive our newsletters) it will be stored on our servers located in the SA.
How we obtain and collect your personal information
Subscribing and unsubscribing for email communications
We send out email communications about our events, updates, operational and product information, and payments industry news . To receive these email communications you need to subscribe via our website. Subscription requires you to provide as a minimum your name and email address. We will only send you the email communications if you have registered for them.
If you wish to unsubscribe at any time you can do so via the unsubscribe page on our website or using the unsubscribe link at the bottom of each email communication.
Contact us form
Any individual can contact joberg2c by using our contact us form. If you wish to get in touch with us in this way, we ask you to provide as a minimum, your name, email address and information about your enquiry so that we can help you.
Personal Information provided by MyActive (third part supplier)
We use this information for a variety of business purposes
- To keep you updated on the joberg2c event that you have entered
- To respond to your questions and requests
- To email newsletters with your consent
- To contact you for feedback and surveys.
Who do we share your personal information with?
In general, joberg2c shares aggregated information and statistics about our customers, entries, traffic patterns and related website information with our sponsors, third party suppliers and marketing agencies.
- Sponsors: Based on your opt-in consent when entering to ride joberg2c, we may share your information with our sponsors for marketing purposes. Examples may include sending sponsored e-mails and special sponsor offers
- Third party service providers: We instruct other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples may include, managing support services (event timing, medical suppliers etc.), analysing data, website management and development and providing customer service
By using the Site, or providing us with any personal information, you acknowledge you understand that your Personal Information may be transferred to territories in which the privacy laws may not be as comprehensive as or equivalent to those in the country where you reside. Where required under Applicable Law, we will take steps to ensure that your Personal Information is only transferred once adequate safeguards are in place, such as the South Africa Protection of Personal Information Act.
Where required by law or competent authority we may also share your personal information with regulators, courts, government departments and law enforcement agencies. We will inform you of this before we share your personal information unless we are legally prevented from doing so.
How long do we keep your personal information for?
Your personal information is kept in accordance with our data retention policy which categorises personal data and applies retention periods according to use. Retention periods are determined by reference to applicable data protection laws and the purpose for which the personal information was collected and is used. Legal and regulatory retention requirements, contractual obligations and limitation periods are also part of the retention period determination process.
How we protect your personal information
joberg2c understands the importance of ensuring its systems are secure from unauthorised access, use or disclosure so that emails and forms that contain your personal information are safe. It has internal policies, procedures and controls in place to ensure this.
Social media platforms
The collection of, securing, and sharing of your personal information via joberg2c social media platforms falls under the respective platforms Privacy Policies.
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer or mobile device when you visit a website. In general they are used to make websites work or to provide information to the owners of the site.
Changing your cookie preferences
Most browsers (Internet Explorer, Safari, Google Chrome etc.) allow cookies to be placed on your device when you visit websites. If you wish to change the way your browser accepts or rejects cookies, or you wish to delete cookies that have been placed on your device, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
The table below lists the cookies used on this site and why we use them.
We place the following cookies on your device to make sure the portal functions and performs correctly and intuitively:
WordPress sets this cookie. The cookie is used to check whether your web browser is set to allow, or reject cookies. The cookie duration is the session only
_ga, _gid, and _gat Cookies provided by Google as part of their analytics tool. These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our website, for example number of visitors to the site, which pages are most visited, how visitors move between pages etc. The information they collect is anonymous. We use this information to help improve visitors’ experience of the website.
The law entitles you:
- To receive a copy of any of your personal information which we have collected
- To request that we correct and / or complete personal information we have collected
- To request that we permanently delete, stop using or storing any of your and / or restrict our use of your personal information
- To object to the processing of your personal information by us unless we can demonstrate that we need to continue processing it
- In some circumstances to request that we transfer your personal information to a third party.
- If you would like to exercise any of these choices, please get in touch via our Data Protection Officer at Joburg2c Cycling CC t/a
- joberg2c, P O Box 101, Ixopo, 3226 or use the contact us form on our website. Where we have shared your personal information
- with other companies, we will let them know if you exercise any of these choices.