Training for enjoyment
Train to avoid pain
There are those who train to win and there are those who train to avoid pain. If you put some smart work in you will enjoy joberg2c. There are many training programs around the world that will assist. Our philosophy is never over train but make sure you come in prepared.
We are going to follow this programme for our dry run to hopefully get into proper shape.
You need to start now – it is a 16 week programme with beginners, moderate and advanced options.
Naturally, you might also be of the non-scientific kind so then we suggest you just ride lots and lots and make sure every ride is fun and you will probably also be ok.
If you would like a more personal approach then we also have our training guru Gavin Horton – Coach Gavin. While Coach Gavin is based in Johannesburg his knowledge and tailored programme with regular skype/email correspondence could be invaluable if you are a little uncertain about being in shape for the event.
The training program will include the following aspects:
- Personalised training programme – the programmes will be designed according to the rider specific needs and will take into consideration factors such as available time, personal goals and ability
- Multi-dimensional program – you get a programme that focusses not just on riding but on strength, power and endurance
- Weekly feedback – you will be in contact with their coach weekly to get feedback on the previous weeks training, which allows for program adjustments where the need may arise
- Flexible program – you ill get a program that is flexible and accommodates illness, injury and unexpected breaks in training
- Recommended routes – you will be advised on recommended race specific training routes in their area
- General tips – you will get advice on topics such as nutrition, recovery and injury prevention, bike maintenance and on-the trail repairs.
Program cost – R700 per 4 week block.
Email Coach Gavin on email@example.com
1. Rider assessment (once off R950)
- Gym based strength assessment
- Power bike assessment
- Outdoor ride assessment.
2. Supervised sessions
- Gym based strength sessions (R250 per session)
- Power bike sessions (R120 per session)