Rider logistics - FAQs
What time does each day?
- Day 1 (Karan Beef) starts at 8am
- The rest of the days start at 7am.
Will our bike bags be transported from Johannesburg and Karan Beef to the finish in Scottburgh?
Are there restrictions on the bag size used during the event?
- Yes, you can hand in your empty bike bag / box at registration or at the start (Karan Beef)
- Avis Van Rentals will transport these to the finish in Scottburgh and store them safely until you arrive on Saturday.
- joBerg2c will NOT be a supplying a bag this year - you must bring your own
- Please ensure your bag has a maximum area of L 80cm * H 40cm * W 40cm
- Only one bag per person.
Where are the bikes stored over night?
- Bikes are stored in a designated bike area in the race village which is secured.
How are bags transported to the next race village each day?
- Avis Van Rentals will take care of this. Their fleet of 8 ton trucks will ensure bags arrive before you do!
What camping gear is provided and what do I need to bring?
- A two man tent is provided per team (or two riders)
- We also provide a comfy mattress per rider
- What you need to bring is a small pillow and a warm sleeping bag.
Is there Internet access available in the race villages?
- Yes, Itec Connect provide wi-fi access at each race village
Are there power points to charge phones, camera's and GPS devices?
- Yes, power points are provided to riders in each race village
- This will be located at the race organisers desk
- Note - charging units are not provided - you will need to bring your own
- Note - the organisers and race villages are NOT responsible for your device.
What does the daily schedule look like?
- Breakfast is served from 5:30am until 6:30am
- The race starts each day at 7am, except for the first day which starts at 8am
- Lunch is served from 12pm onwards
- Dinner is served from 6pm onwards
- This is followed by prize giving and race briefing, which concludes at approx. 8:30pm